On the 15th anniversary of the apology to the Stolen Generations, federal government unveils $424 million Closing the Gap plan.
Cost of living sees 35,000 Vic households struggle with rental stress, homelessness and overcrowding
ABC News: A new report by the Community Housing Industry Association (CHIA) has found 35,900 households in regional Victoria are experiencing homelessness or living in overcrowded properties and many are spending more than 30 per cent of their income on rent.
The 10th of December each year marks the anniversary of Paul Keating’s Redfern Speech which conceded the violence and dispossession perpetrated against Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across the continent that had long remained unacknowledged. In 2022, we celebrate the momentous achievements of First Nations people advocating for rights and justice 30 years on from that speech in Redfern Park. Read and watch the speech.
Talking with Youth: “Talking Youth Work” is a series of podcast interviews to Youth Work experts and practitioners that have a say when it comes to Innovation in Youth Work.
- Early Childhood Australia: Early Childhood Australia proudly presents the ECA Podcast, bringing early childhood experts into conversations that matter. Join us in reflection and the sharing of experiences and professional perspectives as we delve into early childhood pedagogy, practice and sector challenges.
- How will the Voice close the gap? ABC News: Indigenous Australians Minister Linda Burney and Coalition of Peaks' Pat Turner assess the progress of Closing the Gap.
- Safeguarding Our Future: An evening with Climate Council experts, free online, Mar 7, 2023 06:00pm, Climate Council
- Narratives of Migration: between politics and policies, online, 10-11 May 2023, CERC Migration Annual Conference, Toronto Metropolitan University
- Introduction to the HILDA Survey (virtual) 2023, free online, various dates